Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stop Requested

Over the last few weeks, I have been thinking of small changes I could make in my life to help slow things down a bit. I especially hate the mornings because I always seem so frazzled and in a hurry. I have started doing simple things like setting clothes out for everyone for an entire week (a huge feat for me considering I hate to tackle the laundry) and making breakfast for the next day before I go to bed. These things have definitely helped, but I still felt frazzled. When I stopped and thought about it, my days consisted of a lot of hopping in the car and rushing to the next thing on the agenda. I realized I rarely had down time to read or plan my day or just be. I had my schedule figured literally to the minute. I recently made the comment to someone that seeing I how would like to be more environmentally conscious and force my life to slow down a bit....maybe I should start riding public transportation to and from work. Well....I think my car must have heard me because about a week later it completely threw in the towel, leaving me no other choice.

So here I sit waiting for what will be my first ride on public transportation ever. Instead of being bummed about my car, I am choosing to look at this as an opportunity to kind of catch up with myself. I will have about an hour each day on the bus. I have visions of getting all those books crossed off the "Read Someday" list, returning all those calls I never have time to get around to....maybe even getting a little crochet in. I'm sure in actuality it'll probably be something more like missed bus transfers, interesting smells and odd conversations, but hey a girl can hope. We will see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment